Wednesday, December 2, 2009

"I Wonder" Wednesday: Vison Boards


*edit pictured: not my vision board.  eh...somebody else's.


i wonder what i'll ask the universe for next.

i'm in the process of creating a new vision board.  if you're not familiar, a vision board is a visualization tool, a collage of images and words one compiles in order to utilize the law of attraction.  the idea is that you create a visual reminder of what you're asking the universe to bring you.  visualizing these things is strong reinforcement of your thoughts and actions as you work to attract what you want and need.  ideally, the board is placed somewhere you'll see it regularly.

i've seen first-hand the power of vision boards.  in fact, the house i live in today is very similar to the one i glued to my vision board a little over 3 years ago.  but i don't just include material goals on my vision boards.  i also include images and words pertaining to health, spirituality, and relationships.  i usually review my vision board once or twice a year to see how many goals i've realized.  i may start doing this more frequently.  when i feel the need to re-energize and set new goals, i create a new vision board.  some goals are new, while some long-term goals re-surface as i see fit.

and so it's that time again.  i'm getting out my scissors, magazines, and glue.

i wonder, do you make vision boards?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This seems like a really good idea. More than just writing out a list of goals. I just may try this in the coming weeks. I'm not the type to make new year's resolutions, but I do like to find a motto or new train of thought to bring me into the new year. This vision board may be just the ticket!

Great post R!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post because I too make vision boards. I have definite long term goals that I always want to be reminded of especially when I begin to go off course. It's said that visualization is truly a key to success and I have seen that first hand. This is a nice reminder as well as a nudge to helping others achieve what they want. Nice post :)

TwitterGarten

Blog Widget by LinkWithin