Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Flowers: Lilith


Lilith Fair is back.  part of the 2010 lineup was recently revealed, and i cannot wait to check out the Philly leg of the tour.  thus far, the lineup for the female-centric music fest includes co-founder Sarah McLachlan,  Corinne Bailey Rae, Sheryl Crow, Emmylou Harris, Mary J. Blige, Indigo Girls,  Janelle Monáe, Tegan and Sara, Jill Scott, Chairlift, Sara Bareilles, and Erykah Badu.  says Erykah, “Magic happens when you bring this many artistic women together. I'll never forget the frequency and energy that I felt that first time I performed at Lilith. Between the sistas on stage and those in the audience, it was powerful!"

this is an amazing lineup already.  future announcements will reveal even more artists.  how awesome would it be if Sade was added to the lineup?  just sayin'... (and prayin').

for more information about Lilith Fair, visit the official site.

be.  fly.
rhythm

*photo: it's a little odd to have Corinne's album cover here, even though she's mentioned in the post.  but i'm SO EXCITED about her new music that i couldn't help myself.  carry on.

3 comments:

Miss Malia said...

The lineup is kinds bangin and i'm kinda shocked...

Anonymous said...

I love Lilith Fair but it is especially awesome this time..I mean wow..I hope it's coming my way. I love Corinne Bailey Rae her voice is amazing ..and have you ever heard Tegan and Sara's cover of Umbrella?

rhythm said...

now that you mention it, toya, i have. just didn't realize it was tegan and sara.

TwitterGarten

Blog Widget by LinkWithin