Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I Wonder" Wednesday: R&B Christmas Music



r&b Christmas music.  i wonder, does it get any better?  "I Can Hardly Wait 'Til Christmas" by The O'Jays just kept me from going off on a well-deserving target.  she should mail her thank-you letter to Eddie Levert.

r&b Christmas music is definitely on my list of top 5 holiday perks.  maybe i'll blog about that list...anywho, as i'm typing this, i hear "Christmas is the time...we have picked to give...each other giiiiiiifts."  Alexander O'Neal's "My Gift to You."  i don't know if i can't stand all the throwback deliciousness.  and the best part is... *little drummer boy drumrolllll* this is all from my newest Pandora station.  yup.  they have their holiday songs tagged "holiday" (of course), and whatever holiday song you begin with sets the tone for the rest that play (just like a regular Pandora station).  i think i started with "Let it Snow" by Boyz II Men.  classic.

i swear The Jackson 5's "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" is the only version of that song i can tolerate.  that says something.  not only does r&b music have a history of "new classic" holiday songs, but it also claims some of the best renditions of the standards.  i'm getting all warm and egg-noggy just thinking about it.

one drawback to this r&b holiday jam extravaganza-- it doesn't include Wham's "Last Christmas," in all it's ChristmasPoptasticness.  by far one of my favorite holiday jams.  but if i ask Pandora nicely, they just may include it.

i wonder, what's your favorite r&b Christmas song?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"all i want for christmas is you" by Mariah Carey and Eartha Kitts' "Santa Baby" are my faves... edp

TwitterGarten

Blog Widget by LinkWithin